Welcome to the Practice
The Galleries Health Centre opened in 1976. Purpose built and with a GP practice on each of the three levels, it originally offered Speech Therapy, Child Health and Dental services. Over time those services increased to include Relaxation and Parent Craft classes, Family Planning, Consultant Outpatient Clinics, Physiotherapy treatments, an X-Ray Department, Chiropody and, from August 1978, a Day hospital on level one. The surgery now offers a wide range of care services to people of all age groups living in Washington and the outlying villages, and it is accessible to all, regardless of disability.
Meet the Team
The Practice is a non-training Practice with a list size of about 6,000 patients. It has two full-time GP's and one part-time GP, three Practice Nurses, one Health Care Assistant, Practice Manager and support staff. It also has an attached Health Visitor and attached Midwifery and District Nurse Teams. Additionally the Health Centre is home to many other departments. You will find details about them under the Our Services link of this website.
- GP Partner - Dr. A.K.K. Hegde (MBBS) - Male
- GP Partner - Dr. Nag. Sannidhanam (MBBS) - Male
- GP - Dr P. Komati - (Female)
- Practice Nurse - Mrs Elaine Armstrong (RGN)
- Practice Nurse - Claire Rayner (RGN)
- Practice Nurse - Kirsten Clark (RGN)
- Health Care Assistant - Miss Angie Drummond
- Practice Manager Partner - Mrs Gillian Webster (Dip PM MIHM, Prince2 Practitioner, ITIL)
- Receptionists - Mrs Christine Keegan, Mrs Jan McBride, Miss Ashleigh Canvin, Miss Hayley Gibson, Miss Jaymee Steel-Cleary, Mr Christian Webster-Reed
- Secretary - Mrs Joanne Marsh
Dr A.K.K Hegde, the senior partner was born in Karkala, Southern India in. At age 17 he started his medical training at Mysore City, qualifying in 1977. In England he had post-graduate posts in Orthopaedics, Cardiology, Paediatrics, Gynecology and Radiotherapy. He joined the partnership in 1980.
Dr N. Sannidhanam (Male) Partner, joined the Practice in August 2013
Dr P. Komati - (Female)
Dr B.R Vakharia, the senior partner,(retired on 30.6.2013) was born in Ahmedabad City, India, where at age 18 he entered the B.J Medical School, passing his final MBBS Examination in 1970. He went to Ireland in 1971 as a Surgical Houseman then moved to England in 1972, where he worked in various hospitals and carried out further post-graduate training at a range of faculties. He joined in partnership with Dr Banerjee in 1977.